Compile and install SPARC/LEON3 toolchain
This has been done on Linux. At this time, the SPARC toolchain does not work on Windows.
The target is
sparc-elf. So, you have to build binutils and gcc for this target. First, build and install binutils. Then, compile gcc.
It has been tested with the following versions :
- binutils : 2.20
- gcc : 4.4.2
Build and install binutils
- Download the lastest version of binutils
- Untar the archive
- Invoke configure for the sparc-elf target :
- Compile and install : make all install
Build and install gcc
Be sure that the pre-compiled binutils are in your PATH variable
- Download gcc
- Untar gcc (tar zxvf gcc…tgz)
- Create a separate directory to build gcc (mkdir build)
- Enter this directory (cd build)
- Configure gcc distribution :
../gcc-x.x.x/configure --enable-languages=c --target=sparc-elf --disable-nls --disable-libssp -C --without-headers --with-gnu-as –with-gnu-ld --with-newlib
- Invoke make for building gcc
- Install, invoke make install
Configure the POK toolchain
make configure in the top directory of POK. If the toolchain is installed, it should print an appropriate message, showing that GCC and binutils for SPARC have been detected.